Hall in Herzogliches Museum in Gotha
[GERMANY.THUERINGEN 30344] The Ducal Museum was built in 1879 by Duke Ernst II of Sachsen-Gotha-Altenburg, just south of his residence Schloss Friedenstein. Built in Neo-Renaissance style it provided a prestigious location for the numerous ducal collections which had found international recognition by then. Today the museum houses one of the oldest Egyptian collections in Europe, works by old German masters and a collection of Dutch paintings. Photo Mick Palarczyk.