Haus zum Stockfisch in Erfurt.
[GERMANY.THUERINGEN 30417] The Renaissance mansion 'Zum Stockfisch' in Erfurt was built in 1607 by the rich Waidhändler (woad merchan)t Paul Ziegler. The building, which is located in the Johannesstrasse, nowadays houses the Stadtmuseum.
Medieval Erfurt owed a lot of its prosperity to the production of a blue dye, which was extracted from woad (Isatis tinctoria), a flowering plant in the family Brassicaceae. Photo Mick Palarczyk.